A kitchen fire led to the discovery of a man’s body in a home in Preston.
Emergency services were called to a house in Blackthorn Close, Lea, after reports of smoke coming from the property, and found the body of a 64-year-old, named locally as Stewart Banks.
It is believed he died after a fall in his home, and was found when fire crews arrived to tackle the minor blaze in the kitchen.
Police and fire crews were called to the terraced house at 7pm on Thursday, after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from the property.
Police said Mr Banks’ death was not being treated as suspicious, and said it was not thought to be as a result of the fire.
Neighbours told of their shock, describing the death as a “tragedy”.
One neighbour said: “I got back from work and it was chaos.
“It’s such a shame.”