Too hot for comfort in Preston sauna

editorial image
Share this article
1
Have your say

A fitness club was evacuated this afternoon after a fire scare in a sauna.

Firefighters were called to a gym in Bill Shankley Crescent, Preston, after wooden boarding in the sauna overheated.

The smoke alarm was activated and the building was evacuated for a short time.

A Preston fire station crew dealt with the incident, which caused minor damage.

Watch manager Tom Cookson said: “We dealt with it quickly and the damage was minimal.”