DCSIMG

Story shorts - 06/11/12

editorial image

editorial image

A round-up of news in brief from across Lancashire

Warning after front room fire

Fire crews have issued a warning to people after they were called to a fire in the front room of a house in Ainslie Road, Preston, on Sunday night.

The owners of the house had put some tissue paper in a vent close to the gas fire to prevent a draft but the paper ignited and filled the room with smoke.

Course for first aiders

The British Red Cross will hold a training event for those wishing to learn how to provide first aid in the workplace.

On November 7, over 18s can complete the course designed for anyone wanting to become an accredited first aider or appointed person.

The course is priced at £110 and starts at 9am at the centre at Pittman Court, Fulwood, Preston.

Gala night for flower club

Longton with Hutton Flower Club is holding a gala evening later this month.

The event, with the theme Yule Tide trends, will take place on Wednesday, November 21.

The evening will be held at Penwortham Sports and Technology College in Crow Hills Lane, Penwortham.

Doors open at 6.30pm and tickets are priced £8.

To find out more contact Francis on 01772 424457.

Jumble sale for cat protection

Lancashire’s Cats Protection League is holding a fundraising jumble sale on Saturday from 11am.

The event will take place at St Leonard’s Church Hall, Marshall’s Brow,

Penwortham.

All profits from the event will go towards the charity’s work with cats and kittens.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news