Store saved from flames by smoke alarm

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

Fire fighters have urged people to get a smoke alarm after a detector alerted a shop-keeper to a kitchen blaze.

Two fire engine’s from Preston attended a pan fire at a grocery store in St George’s Road, Preston at 11.30am on Saturday.

A spokesman for Preston fire service said: “It was just a small pan fire at the rear of the premises in the kitchen.

“Fortunately they did have a working smoke alarm which did alert the owners to the fire.

“Nobody was injured and the building only suffered slight smoke damage.

“I would urge everybody to install a smoke alarm and to makes sure they test it regularly.”