St Catherine’s Hospice has joined a pilot fundraising campaign which offers people a way of supporting the charity just by shopping online.
The Lostock Hall hospice is working with online shopping site Care2Save.co.uk to raise £1,600 to fund two new recliner chairs.
With online shopping growing at a staggering pace, Care2Save presents a tremendous opportunity to raise money for St Catherine’s, without it costing people a penny.Lorraine Charlesworth
The chairs will be added to the in-patient unit conservatory, which offers a relaxing change of scenery away from the patient rooms, and gives back a sense of normality for patients and visitors.
Care2Save is an online shopping site which donates 80 per cent of the commission paid by retailers to the shopper’s chosen charity, with the remaining 20 per cent used to support palliative care worldwide.
The site hosts 20 million products available from more than 2,000 retailers – covering places like Topshop, Travelodge, Expedia, O2, Boots, and John Lewis.
Lorraine Charlesworth, director of income generation at St Catherine’s, said: “The changing nature of fund-raising has meant that we have to look at new and innovative ways to raise money.
“With online shopping growing at a staggering pace, Care2Save presents a tremendous opportunity to raise money for St Catherine’s, without it costing people a penny.
“We encourage all of our supporters to sign up to Care2Save and start raising money to support the care we provide today.”
To get started, visit www.care2save.co.uk , search for St Catherine’s under registered charity number 512186, and register to support St Catherine’s.