Pair sent to hospital after chip pan fire

A chip pan fire

A chip pan fire

Share this article
0
Have your say

A man and woman went to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire at their home.

Crews from Preston Fire Station were called to the incident in Mercer Street, Fishwick, at 9.15pm on Saturday. The fire was put out quickly by firefighters, but the pair, in their 20s, went to Royal Preston Hospital as a precaution.

Last month, fire officers in Preston called for people to get rid of chip pans following a fire at a flat in Graham Street.