Newborn checked after house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A 36-hour-old baby was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital for checks after a fire started in the kitchen of a house in Raglan Street, Preston.

Firefighters were called at 9.30pm on Wednesday and found the fire had started because the electrical wiring of a tumble dryer had overheated.

Although the fire was contained and the wider kitchen area wasn’t damaged, there was some smoke in the house and because of the age of the child, paramedics were called.