Neighbours help in fire drama

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article
0
Have your say

Neighbours broke a window to help a woman out of a house fire.

They took the action after becoming aware of a blaze in a house in Norland Drive, Heysham, and they couldn’t get answer from the occupant after knocking on the door.

They broke the living room window where the occupant was inside, and she climbed out with assistance.

Three fire crews and an aerial ladder platform were sent to the address at 11.30pm on Sunday, and soon established that nobody else was inside.

They believe the fire started in an upstairs bedroom, then spread to other rooms and the roof of the property.

Officers think the blaze started from a carelessly discarded cigarette and are warning of the dangers this can cause, as well as the potential devestation of smoking in bed.

Cigarette’s should always be put out properly in a specifically designed ash tray.

For more advice on home fire safety call 08001691125.