Neighbour hurt in kitchen fire

Farringdon Close, Preston. Image courtesy of Google
Farringdon Close, Preston. Image courtesy of Google
Share this article
0
Have your say

A man has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after trying to tackle a neighbour’s kitchen fire.

The chip pan fire started at around 9.10pm on Wednesday at a property in Farringdon Close, Preston.

The occupant left the building to get help, but when the neighbour arrived, he was overcome with smoke.

Fire crews were then called and extinguished the flames, which had caused extensive damage to the rest of the kitchen.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The advice is to get outside and stay outside in these cases. Leave the firefighting to us.”