Man suffers electric shock from flooded socket

breaking news

breaking news

3
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital after suffering an electric shock as he tried to switch off a plug socket being inundated by flood water.

Firefighters called to the house in Deepdale Road, Preston early on Tuesday said the casualty was examined by paramedics and taken to the Royal Preston Hospital for a precautionary check-up.

Watch manager Mark Woodward, fron Preston Fire Station, said: “Water was pouring down an interior wall because of a problem with the roof and guttering.

“The water was affecting one of the electricity sockets and the lad who lived there tried to switch it off.

“He got a jolt, but he was OK. The paramedics took a look at his hand and took him to hospital as a precaution.”