Man injured as fire breaks out at garage in Chorley

Firefighters on Longworth Street, Chorley
Firefighters on Longworth Street, Chorley
Share this article
0
Have your say

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a garage in Chorley.

A fire broke out in a paint spray booth drying oven at a business on Longworth Street at 1.20pm today.

Crews from Chorley, Leyland, Bamber Bridge, Preston and Horwich all attended to deal with the blaze, which spread to the roof.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a main water jet and a hose reel to extinguish the fire and an aerial ladder platform to reach the roof.

The paint spray booth was severely damaged by fire, while the ventilation unit and roof were also damaged.

A worker suffered superficial burns and he was given first aid and oxygen by firefighters before paramedics arrived.