Man escaped unhurt from house fire

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

A kitchen has been badly damaged after a blaze broke out at a house in Preston.

Two fire engines were called to St Georges Road at 9.15pm on Saturday after combustible materials left close to a gas hob caught light.

A man was in the terraced house at the time and was able to escape unharmed.

Smoke detectors were working and were still sounding when fire crews arrived.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze.

The kitchen was described as being “severely damaged” by the fire, while the rest of the property was damaged by smoke.