A 15-year-old girl was airlifted to hospital with burns to her face after she tried to tackle a chip pan fire.
Firefighters, police and paramedics were called to a home in Kellett Acre, Lostock Hall, at around 12.20pm on Monday.
The teenager had been making doughnuts with two friends using the pan.
But when it started smoking the girl took it outside and water was poured on to it.
That caused the pan to flash and flames hit the girl in the face.
Firefighters and paramedics administered first aid at the scene and she was airlifted to the Royal Preston Hospital with injuries to her face.
She is not believed to have suffered serious burns.
A spokesman for Bamber Bridge fire urged people not to move chip pans which are on fire and not to douse them in water.
They should instead call the emergency services.