Two people had to be treated at the scene of a blaze after a chip pan caught fire in the kitchen of a Preston home.
The incident happened at around 7.50pm on Wednesday at a property in Malvern Avenue, Frenchwood, Preston.
It is believed that the pair had been cooking using a chip pan but had become momentarily distracted, leading to the pan catching fire.
Two pumps from Preston were sent to the blaze and spent around two hours bringing the incident under control.
Two people in the house, a 76-year-old woman and a 52-year-old man, were treated with oxygen at the scene, but were not seriously injured.
The kitchen of the home was slightly fire damaged and the rest of the property was slightly smoke damaged. Fire chiefs said the fire was detected quickly.