DCSIMG

Neighbours rescue man from fire

Lancaster Fire Station

Lancaster Fire Station

Brave neighbours rescued a man from his burning bungalow as fire gutted part of his home.

Fire crews were called to the property at Sefton Drive, Lancaster, at 1.43pm on Friday, December 27, after reports an elderly gentleman was inside. Three fire engines, two from Lancaster and one from Morecambe, raced to the scene.

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) spokesman said: “When we arrived the person inside had already been rescued by neighbours.”

The man was taken to hospital for a check up. The spokesman said the blaze was caused by a deep fat fryer with fire engulfing much of the kitchen.

Around 80 per cent of the room was damaged by flames while smoke spread throughout the bungalow.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page