DCSIMG

Man rescued from smoke-filled home

Latest news

Latest news

A man had to be rescued by firefighters after being found asleep while his home filled with smoke.

Four crews of firefighters attended the incident on Boundary Road, Fulwood, at 6.20pm on Saturday after neighbours heard a smoke alarm sounding and raised the alarm.

They found the man, who is believed to have been under the influence of alcohol, asleep on his sofa as an overheating chip pan filled his home with smoke.

Part of the kitchen was destroyed by the fire with the rest of the property filled with smoke.

A Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman confirmed the man refused hospital treatment despite breathing in smoke during the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page