DCSIMG

Man breached sex offence order

Court news

Court news

A man with more than 600 criminal offences on his record was arrested after being seen talking to a group of young boys and girls.

Convicted sex offender Patrick Ryan had been banned by a court from having any contact with girls under 16.

Ryan, 58, formerly of South King Street, Blackpool, now living at The Court, Church Street, Preston, pleaded guilty to breaching a Sex Offences Prevention Order (SOPO).

He had five previous convictions for failing to comply with a SOPO and seven previous convictions for breaching a Sex Offenders Registration Order.

Ryan was refused bail and sent for sentence at Preston Crown Court on June 18 by Blackpool Magistrates’ Court.

Prosecutor Pam Smith said in February 2013 Ryan was made the subject of a SOPO which banned him from having any contact with girls under 16.

On May 16, two days after being released from prison, Ryan was seen in Langdale Road, Blackpool. A witness saw him lying on the ground. He appeared drunk and his trousers were down. He was later seen talking to a group of girls and boys. Two of the girls were aged nine and 10.

Mark Phillips, defending, said his client admitted talking to the children and said that at that time his trousers were done up.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page