DCSIMG

Fuel blasts leave two in hospital

fire generic

fire generic

Two people were taken to hospital with burns in separate incidents involving fuel explosions on Sunday evening.

Firefighters were called to a caravan in Aveling Drive, Banks, near Tarleton, after a cigarette lighter exploded on a woman at 6pm. At 8pm a crew were sent to Buttermere Avenue in Chorley, where a man suffered slight burns to his face after petrol he used to burn wood suddenly flashed.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is very important that people don’t use petrol to get fires or barbeques going. Instead, use fire lighters and follow the manufacturers instructions.”

Neither of the fires spread.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page