DCSIMG

Fire officer warns of fire safety

Latest news

Latest news

Prestonians are being encouraged to take advantage of a free fire safety check and fire alarm fitting after a mother and her toddler were alerted to a pan fire by their smoke alarm.

Crews from Preston Fire Service were called to a property on Mill Road in the city on Saturday morning when a pan of oil set alight.

Watch Manager Mark Woodward from Preston Fire Service said; “Please do not leave pans of oil unattended.

“In this case, the owner of the property was alerted to the fire by the smoke alarm that was installed in the home.

“The key safety message here is to keep an eye on any pans that you are cooking with.

“If they do set on fire and it is safe to do so, isolate any gas or electric, then get out and stay out.

“Anyone wishing to have their home fire safety checked and have a smoke alarm installed for free can call 0800 69 11 25.”

The woman and her toddler were taken to Royal Preston Hospital as a precautionary measure and were treated with oxygen.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news