Fire fighters were called to a Preston home on Thursday after a fire broke out in a kitchen.
Crews were called to the address on St George’s Road between 8pm and 8.30pm, after a pan of noodles set on fire, filling the room with smoke.
Crew Manager Neil Mitchell said: “A lady had come home to find her kitchen full of smoke, so she got herself and her children out and phoned the fire service.
“We got an early report of a kitchen fire, and when we got there she had left a pan of noodles on the cooker which had set alight and filled the house full of smoke.
“We sent four fire fighters in with breathing apparatus to put the fire out and ventilate the property.
“Before she left the house she had shut the kitchen door, which kept the fire contained.”
Nobody was injured in the fire.