A conservatory was destroyed and a house left smoke-logged after a tumble dryer burst into flames.
Firefighters from Bamber Bridge station were called to Shop Lane in Higher Walton yesterday morning, after neighbours spotted smoke billowing from a home.
The dryer had developed a fault having been left on and burst into flames.
Watch manager Graham Knowles said the flames spread to a washing machine and a pile of children’s toys.
He said: “The UPVC conservatory it was in then caught alight and the entire conservatory was destroyed.
“But, because the owner of the house had left all her doors open, the smoke has spread to all three storeys of the house.
“Our message is not to leave electrical items switched on when you are not in the house and to shut all your doors.”