Staff at a bank had to be evacuated after an ATM cashpoint set on fire and filled the building with smoke.
Firefighters were called to the Royal Bank of Scotland branch on the corner of Lytham Road and Garstang Road in Fulwood, Preston, at around 8.50am on Wednesday.
The bank was not due to open for another 25 minutes but firefighters said workers had to leave the building as a precaution due to the amount of smoke caused by the fire.
Watch manager Steve Boyne, from Preston fire station, said the blaze was started by a faulty electronic circuit board.
He said: “The circuit board had overheated.
“It created quite a large volume of smoke through the bank, which was quite smelly.
“They had to evacuate the bank so we could isolate the problem.
“Nobody was harmed in the incident.”
A Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire caused severe damage to the ATM (Automated Teller Machine) and moderate smoke damage to the ATM control room.
Firefighters were at the scene for approximately half an hour.