Kitchen fire in student halls at Lancaster University

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

Up to 10 people were evacuated following a kitchen fire at university halls in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Fire crews from Lancaster fire station were called to Bowland Avenue South at Lancaster University at 4.15am.

The fire involved food that had been left unattended.

Crews ventilated the kitchen. Nobody was hurt.

Fire bosses are reminding people not to leave any food unattended.