Hotel evacuated after electrical fire

PHOTO. KEVIN McGUINNESS.'Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel  General Manager Robin Ford
PHOTO. KEVIN McGUINNESS.'Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel General Manager Robin Ford
Share this article
0
Have your say

PART of the ground floor of a popular hotel was left smoke damaged after a fire broke out inside.

Guests and staff had to be evacuated from the Tickled Trout Hotel, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, after the fire broke out in one of the front of house rooms yesterday.

Fire chiefs say early indications are that a fault with some electrical wiring sparked the incident.

Four fire crews were sent to the scene.

Firefighters said it was quickly brought under control and a portable fan was used to vent the smoke from the ground floor area.

No one was injured in the incident.

But the fire has caused smoke damage to part of the restaurant and the ground floor of the building.

Robin Ford, general manager of the hotel, said: “It was small electrical fire that the fire brigade attended.

“It just broke out at the front of house.

“The fire crews came and did exactly what they were meant to do and the hotel was commended for our evacuation efforts.”

He said there was minimal damage to the premises and the hotel remains open.

He was not able to confirm how many people were evacuated.