Two people were taken to hospital with burns in separate incidents involving fuel explosions on Sunday evening.
Firefighters were called to a caravan in Aveling Drive, Banks, near Tarleton, after a cigarette lighter exploded on a woman at 6pm. At 8pm a crew were sent to Buttermere Avenue in Chorley, where a man suffered slight burns to his face after petrol he used to burn wood suddenly flashed.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It is very important that people don’t use petrol to get fires or barbeques going. Instead, use fire lighters and follow the manufacturers instructions.”
Neither of the fires spread.