Flat damaged in fire

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

Residents were evacuated from flats when a fire broke out.

Firefighters were called to Sandylands Promenade in Heysham when the blaze started just before 5pm today.

There was no-one in the first-floor flat at the time, but people were evacuated from other parts of the building.

The fire is thought to have started in the kitchen, possibly from a faulty appliance.

There was damage to the kitchen from the heat and smoke, as well as smoke damage to the rest of the flat.