Fire crews were called after an open coal fire got out of control at a family home.
Two fire engines from Preston and Fulwood attended the incident at Garstang Road in Fulwood at around 7pm last night.
The accidental fire was caused by several boxes being placed close to an open fire in the property living room, Fire and Rescue Services said.
A spokesman said: “The fire had been extinguished by the time fire crews arrived at the scene. Nobody was injured and there was some fire and smoke damage to the house.”