Fire crews across Lancashire are set to stage another strike this weekend over pensions.
Picket lines will be formed outside stations throughout the county for five hours on Saturday night from 6.30pm.
Union representatives said the strike is a “last resort” to fight against pension changes.
Chair of Lancashire Fire Brigades Union Kevin Deacon said members were staging industrial action in response to a change to their pension scheme, setting the minimum retirement age at 60.
Mr Deacon said: “It’s not safe for the public and it’s not safe for the fire fighters - we’ve got no evidence to say that it is safe.”
He said that there had been “no progress” since last month’s strike, so this weekend’s walkout had been called.
He said: “Fire fighters, by nature of the job, want to lessen the risk for people.
“They don’t want to put people at more risk, but what do you do?”
He added: “It’s the last resort and nobody wants to do it, but unfortunately we are being forced into it.”
Mr Deacon said he was hoping for a picket line outside every affected fire station to get the message out to the public.
Chief Fire Officer, Chris Kenny said: “This is a national dispute between the FBU and government and is not a dispute between Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service and our firefighters.”
“We do have a significant number of our staff who have given a commitment to maintain emergency cover and as a result the public can be reassured that the service plan to keep the majority of fire engines in Lancashire operational during the dispute period.”