Fire crews extinguish flames in empty home

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews attended a blaze in an empty home after a candle shattered its glass holder.

Two engines from Preston and Fulwood attended the incident at Longridge Chapel Street at around 8.15pm last night after a resident reported seeing flames in the window of his neighbour’s home.

A Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews had to break into the property to extinguish the fire. The fire was caused by a candle that had smashed its holder. It appears the owner of the property stepped out while leaving the candle lit.

“We would like to remind people to never leave candles unattended.”