A Lancashire factory had to be evacuated during the night shift after fire broke out in a textile printing machine.
Staff at Standfast and Barrack in Lancaster were ushered to safety as one of the employees attempted to tackle the blaze with a water hose.
A fire crew reached the scene in Caton Road within minutes and managed to extinguish the fire which badly damaged the machine and up to 15 metres of printed fabric.
A brigade spokesman said: “The company did everything right, getting the workers out of the building as a priority.
“Once the staff were out it was decided it was safe for one of them to tackle the fire with a hose reel. He did a good job in successfully holding back the fire until we arrived.
“We don’t know the exact cause yet, we are still investigating. But it would appear it could have been a mechanical fault which caused a piece of material to fall down on to gas heater