Firefighters put out “potentially dangerous” fire at a derelict building in Chorley

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

A derelict building was set on fire on Ashby Street in Chorley last night.

The incident, which crew manager Jim Davidson described as “potentially dangerous”, occurred at around 9.50pm.

The fire at the former industrial unit was put out using two water pump hoses by Chorley Fire Service.

Mr Davidson said: “People should really avoid going into derelict buildings because there are so many dangers which can cause them harm.”