Court case over cocktail containing liquid nitrogen

CUSTOMER: Gaby Scanlon
CUSTOMER: Gaby Scanlon
Share this article
0
Have your say

A bar company has been summoned to court after a teenager was made ill by a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

Lancaster City Council led an investigation into an incident involving customer Gaby Scanlon, 18, at Oscar’s Wine Bar and Bistro on George Street in Lancaster.

Bar director Andrew Dunn, of The Garden Village in Old Earswick, Yorkshire, has been summoned to court to answer charges under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.

Bar employee Matthew George Harding, of George Street, Lancaster, has also been summoned to answer charges under the Health and Safety at Work Act.

The company, Oscar’s Wine Bar Ltd, has been summoned to court to answer charges under the Health and Safety at Work Act on February 9 at Lancaster magistrates court.