With the news that global brand Amazon is moving into Lancashire, we have picked 10 facts about the online retailer that you may not know.
1. It was founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos...in his garage
2. Its headquarters are in Seattle, Washington state
3. It started as an online bookseller
4. It is the largest internet-based retailer in the USA
5. Its warehouses are so big they would be able to hold more water than 10,000 Olympic swimming pools
6. The first book sold by Amazon was called Fluid Concepts & Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought.
7. When the site when down for 49 minutes, it is estimated the company lost nearly $5.7m.
8. The company was almost called Cadabra...as in Abradabra. Bezos changed it to suggest the scale of the business.
9. The Amazon logo - an upward moving arrow - is supposed to be a smile that delivers!
10. All Amazon employees - even the CEO - spend two days a year working on the customer service desk. So if you call, you may get Jeff Bezos.