Blaze breaks out in bedroom

Talbot Road, Penwortham. Picture: Google
Talbot Road, Penwortham. Picture: Google
Share this article
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called after a blaze broke out in a home in Penwortham.

Two fire engines went to Talbot Road to reports of a bedroom fire at about 6.30pm on Wednesday.

Crew Manager Peter Blamire said it was thought a portable heater in the bedroom had a fault in the hose feeding the gas to the fire.

The resident, an 82-year-old man, had been downstairs and heard a “rumbling” noise coming from upstairs.

Crew manager Blamire said: “He opened the bedroom door and it was well alight.

“We used two breathing apparatus and extinguished the fire with a hose reel, and made sure the gas cylinder was put in the rear garden and made safe.”

There was severe fire and smoke damage to the bedroom, but nobody was hurt.

Crew manager Blamire said there was no smoke alarm in the property and urged to people to have smoke alarms fitted.