A good meal was the only casualty in fire at university halls

Fire at Lancaster University
Fire at Lancaster University
Share this article
0
Have your say

A meal was the only casualty after a grill pan caught fire in university halls.

Firefighters were called to Lancaster University where students had made a hash of their evening grub.

Arriving at around 11.30pm last night (Saturday, March 11), firefighters from Lancaster Fire Station quelled the small fire.

A spokesman for the station said: "The only real damage was the food and the small fire caused a little bit of smoke damage in the flat.

"Thankfully we could get there in time before anything more serious broke out."