There are many reminder of Preston’s heritage. Perhaps one of the most atmospheric reminders of the city’s industrial past is the number of ghost signs. These are old hand-painted advertising signs which have somehow survived over many decades.
1. Corner of New Hall Lane and Church Avenue, Ribbleton
2. Corner of New Hall Lane and Crowle Street, Ribbleton
3. Linton Street, Fulwood/Plungington
4. Corner of Emmanual Street and Blackpool Road, Plungington
5. Tulketh Brow, Lane Ends (Technically not a ghost sign as it’s still in use as a fish and chip shop)